(Even though it’s still Wednesday)
Thirteen Things about Rebecca’s childhood1. My father is a Methodist pastor, so we moved every three to five years.
2. When I was in preschool my teacher changed my panties after I had an accident. Even though she took me off to the side, it really embarrassed me.
3. When I was in 1st grade, my teacher called me a buttinsky. It was true. However, the memory can still bring me to tears in the right circumstances — 25 years later.
4. I felt like no one liked me, which I’m now learning is a common perception among young people, no matter how popular others perceive a person to be.
5. I stopped growing when I was in 7th grade.
6. I went to private school from 6th through 8th grade. Otherwise, I was in public schools.
7. My junior year of high school I decided to go to college in the town we lived in for 5 years when I was a kid. One of the best decisions I ever made.
8. I organized a surprise party for my fourth-grade teacher. She was surprised.
9. I was in the gifted program in fourth grade. That was the best year of elementary school.
10. I had guinea pigs for two or three years when I was a teenager. I was completely responsible for their care.
11. I was able to BE completely responsible for said guinea pigs’ care because I started a paper route when I was 11. I had it until we moved away when I was fifteen. We had to find a new home for the guinea pigs. 😦
12. My junior year of high school I went on two dates with a guy as a result of a misunderstanding. (Two people who didn’t like me — or the guy — wrote a note to each of us “from” the other one, indicating interest. Lovely.)
13. My senior year of high school, someone in my American history class asked if I “masticated in front of my parents.” I told them I wouldn’t answer because I didn’t know what “masticate” meant. Turns out I DO masticate in front of my parents. 🙂
Want to play along? Leave the link to your Thursday Thirteen in my comments.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!